Sunday 4 December 2011

'Peace, love and destruction' GCSE coursework

A mixed media composition submitted for my GCSE coursework. I started off my coursework by looking at 50's and 60's art. Pop art pieces by Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol appealed to me because of the catroon-like style and the use of bold colours. I was also drawn to images from the hippy era, and especially the phrase of 'love not war' which I think is an important message to spread. I tried to represent this idea of love and good-will overcoming war and destruction in this final piece. It features a hippy girl in the foreground, painted in a pop art style, with images of war and negativity in the background. She is shown to be spreading the love, with flowers and birds rising around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment